Mexico Xcaret 'Valley of Scents'

theoldehearth

A couple of years ago my DH & I went to Mexican Riviera and we went to this spectacular night event at the Xcaret. We entered through the 'Valley of Scents' were they had incense burning left and right. It was a very intriguing aroma that I had to find out exactly what it was. I was told that it copal after doing some research so I ordered some copal incense but it was not quite the same.

Anyway my question is has anyone else been been there and experience this Valley of Scents and if so, do you know of a fragrance oil that may be similar to it?

:confused:

Wow, can't say that I have been there but it sounds intriguing!

It was amazing! Just after sunset we walked through this valley toward the theatre performance and it was surrounded by rock structures. Along the way we saw these men dressed in Mayan warrior costumes, banging on drums up above and there were fires lit up and incense burning.

It was very mystical and intoxicating (well... intoxicating to me probably because I had one too many pina colada that day.);)

Edited by theoldehearth