What scents to Offer?

van_yulay

Ok.. I offer 24 scents in lotions and soaps. I have narrowed it down believe it or not from 42 when I first started in 99. Now that I am having to buy labels for my labeling machines it is not wise to offer all these scents. Here are my scents

Apple

ALmond Zing

Baby Fresh

Berry-Berry

Brisk Waters

Cucumber Melon

Four Seasons

Heaven Sent

Lavender

Lilac

Mango Peach

Mountain Rain

Nag Champa

Orange Cream

Patchouli

Plumeria

Pure & Simple

Sandalwood

Rose

Relaxing

Rise & Shine

Tropical Isaland

Vanilla

White Blossom

My question is what scents does everyone sell , what are the best sellers for their area, How many scents does each company sell in products,? Please input any answers.. I really need help with this.

I would like to only have about 14 scents. Honesty all these sell well. But when I had 42 .,.... alot of those I discountinued also sold. So my delema is which ones do I delete? Should I combine some? .. Thanks for your help !!

Edited by van_yulay

I can understand wanting to try to thin out the scents that you offer. I have certaintly become a scent-a-holic :D

I would try to eliminate them by similar fragrances- I am guessing that Relaxing scent is similar to Lavender as Lavender is condusive to sleep and relaxation..for example. Pick which one is a better seller.

Alternativly - For me I use a Dynomo Label machine for putting my scents on my products. It is very inexpensive- 35 dollars for the machine, and like 10 dollars for label refils that can label over 100 products- They have many different tapes to use - including clear and you can custom label things for people and make labels on a dime and only as you need them :)

HTH

I strarted out with putting the scent on my hangtag, but quickly realized that was not feasable for me. Now I just put my scent name on the warning label on the bottom of my votives, jars etc. Is it possible for you to do something like this? Just an idea..

As far as scents go, my bakery type scents are selling the best for me right now. my best seller right now is my own pumpkin blend. This summer it was mostly hippie ones - patch, sandalwood, nag champa, etc.

I currently have over 100 different scents. FOHO to the CORE!!

• 3 weeks later...

The real question is what scents are your best performers?

I know carrying a ton of variety helps make you stand out and be unique. But it doesn't really make much sense to keep inventory of scents that aren't top sellers. That leaves you more time to focus on the sales of your most popular fragrances.

To accommodate those looking for scents other than what's currently in your inventory, you could offer a special request page. On the special order page you can offer the fragrances that aren't top sellers (you should charge a little higher premium for special orders and inform them that it takes a little more time to fill them).

What this means for you is that you'll cut down on your workload by fulfilling special orders of scents that aren't top sellers only when there's an order. This way you don't have to worry about carrying a ton of inventory of the other scents.

Hope this helps. :smiley2:

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Edited by Slowburn