Help wicking "please"

Hello. I'm so confused. I am using Ecosoya advanced was and I can't get my 8 oz tureen and my 8 oz colonial jars to burn right. I am using HTP wicks and have tried alot. The tureen was not enough with the 105 and to much burn with the 126 and 1212. The colonial I have tried also and I even tried double wicking. I used 2 htp 73's and it was to much, then I tried 2 htp 52's and it was not enough and then 2 htp 62's and that was very close. If any of you are using this wax and htp wicks I would love to hear from you. I have tried all wick guides and I'm starting to get upset. Thanks, Jeanne

Have you considered using eco wicks or heinz cds? I have the best results with eco wicks when using the ecosoya advanced. It's not the fl oz size of your that would determine your wicking size but the jar's diameter width.

For an 8 oz tureen I would probably use an eco-12 or 14. Candlewic will send you free samples of the eco wicks if you email them. I think once you try them in your ecosoya you'll be happy with the results.

Here's some good info on candle wicking from candlewic: http://www.candlewic.com/candle-wicks/pop-spools.asp

Edited by JacquiO

Those jars are almost 4 inches across, so I think your double wicking idea could be a good way to go. HTP has a lot of size options in the range you need, which is why I'd lean towards HTP for double wicking. ECO is a good wick but there aren't enough small sizes.

I'm wondering:

What went wrong with your HTP-62 test?

How far apart did you place the wicks?

How long were the test burns?

How far down did you burn the candle?

Maybe you can also let us know how much fragrance you're using and what FOs you've tested with, in case that helps.

Edited by topofmurrayhill