What's your favorite 8 to 10 oz container?

After buying several cases of 8 oz jelly jars and testing like crazy the last few months, I've decided I hate them.:mad: I love the cute look, but compared to 8 oz tins, they are harder to test. The wick performs so differently at the top compared to half way down, and the scent throw is weaker due to the smaller melt pool diameter.

I would like to go to a different small glass container, preferably with a primitive look. Any suggestions? And those of you who use 8 oz jellies, what fragrance oils are super strong (I use Golden Brands 464 soy)?

So far I like Peak Amish Harvest and CandleScience Blueberry Cobbler in the jelly jars. I like CS Pumpkin Souffle but can't find the right wick and percentage yet. I'm about to give up on that one. :confused: Any tips would be greatly appreciated. The candles are taking over my house!

Naomi

There are 8 oz. square Mason jars. Short & wide, I have a few but haven't done anything with them yet. Scent throw would probably be better, I've never used tins but jus going off of diameter I bet it would be similar.

I understand about the candles taking over the house!!! Mine are definitely starting to! haha DH is thinkin he will have to build me some shelves in the laundry room so I can have somewhere to cure them!!!

I love the look of the 8 oz square masons too. Great for tying on ribbons. I've had similar problems with it though, I guess due to the temp difference between top and bottom due to the pinched neck. I gave up on them a while back, but may play with the few I have left and compare more closely to the 8 oz jelly jars.

Naomi

What percentage of Pumpkin Souffle are you using? I tried 7.5 and 8% and after a few burns, it starts smelling toasted. I tried a CD-8 in a jelly jar and the flame was too big. I'll definitely try the CD-10 in the square mason. I'm not sure by how much I should cut back on the fragrance oil.

Naomi

Try a wide mouth straight sided jelly jar with a specialty lid. Candles work best with thick glass for good heat insulation and straight sides for reliable melt pools and for air circulation. The jelly jars are really expensive this year and I have opted for a 12 oz salsa jar. My customers really like them and they are fairly easy to wick. HTH.

Steve

Steve,

I just found the 12 oz. salsa jars at a supplier an hour away, near where my daughter goes to college (Fillmore Container). Thanks for the idea. The price is good (39 cents a jar and 27 cents per lid). Nice compromise between 8 oz and 16 oz. Looks like I'll have to go visit DD soon.:cheesy2: