Organza bags and tarts

jenscandles

Hi,

I did a search for organza on here and it seems that a lot of people use the bags for air fresheners. I'm considering using them for packaging tarts. In the samples I put together I love that I can smell the tarts through the bag, but I got to thinking in a smallish area with several scents that could be a major scent overload.

So I'm considering maybe the tarts in a polypro bag inserted into the organza bag. That would cost a tad more. Not sure the customer could smell them at all then, which is the obvious downside, plus I'm not sure about the bag in a bag in general. Which brings me back to just using the organza.

What do you think?

Thanks

Jen

I like the idea of the tarts in the organza bag. I don't like to open packages to smell the product.

Questions

1. Do the tarts after being moved around smear the organza bag?

2. Do you have them placed in a small room w/the different scents, to find out about the scent overload?

If you don't have any problems from answering the questions, then go for just placing them in the organza bas as packagings.

Just my 2 cents.

How about placing them in the poly bag and leave it open 1/2 way to allow the smell to be released and then put it inside the organza bag. As far as storing them why not keep them inside a plastic shoe box according to scent. It will help keep the smells contained but they do not fit tight so they will help prevent sweating.

HTH

Carol

In my past experiences with these, the organza bag will get smeared with wax IF you are packing and unpacking them (think back & forth to shows) or if customers are handing them alot. At least that was the case with my wax tarts & votives (palm), others might be different. Sliding a cello bag inside of the organza worked really well for me. I just let the cello come up thru the opening in the organza bag before tying them. Customers could smell the top/opening side of the bag and get a whiff of the scent without it being overpowering.

When I first started making tarts, I thought the organza bags would be a great way to display them, then this way people could smell them thru the bags. I then placed the different scents in wicker baskets to display them. Having them out in the open, yes the scents all together can become overwhelming and yes some of the colors can smear the bags. I have a glass cabinet with doors on it and decided to display them in this way.

As time has gone on, the scent is fading, so because of this, I have decided to change my packaging. I ordered the plastic tart boxes from frontier packaging. I really do like this packaging much better, it has taken care of all of the above problems!

You talked about using the poly bags and placing them in the organza bags, I think that would work and I don't think you would even have to close the poly bag. Most of the scent will be contained in the poly bag and leaving it open inside of the organza bag should be enough for people to smell it, without the scents becoming overwhelming.

Thanks everybody for sharing. For some reason when I was thinking "bag in a bag" it did not occur to me to leave the inner bag open! :o I did find that the wax smeared some on the organza bag just with me showing it to people around the house. We were barely touching it.

Debbie73 - would you mind sharing the link to the tart boxes you went with after trying the organza? I did a search for "frontier packaging" and came up with three very similar sites but could not find what I thought I'd be looking for.

Thanks again,

Jen

I just get the cello bags that they carry with the chocolate/candy/cake decorating supplies at the craft stores. Also, if you have a couple of different stores near by check them all for price. I found our local AC Moore is about 1/2 the price of Michaels for the identical bags. Walmart may have them as well.

I believe it is Frontier Candle Packaging. Not just Frontier Packaging, as I originally posted, sorry!

I think you will like these little boxes, they have one for 4 tarts and one for 6 tarts. I am working on different ways of dressing them up for the holidays.

I have made some pillars this year and saw that they carried a pillar box. It would allow me to put it in the cart, but when you go to check your cart, it tells you they no longer carry them. I was very disappointed, because the boxes are top quality.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Debbie