Got my work cut out for me

Connie

I did a fairly large show this past weekend. The weather turned cold at night. It got down to 36 degrees before morning. You could see your breath by 10:00 when the show ended at night. Well, in the morning when I opened my tent, my jars were all wet. My 16oz apothecary jars were fine but the 12 oz masons are going to have to be all relabeled. For the life of me, can't figure out why just one size jar would do this.

That stinks! I am not sure why one size would do that either. I did an indoor craft fair once where they turned the heat off at night. When I came in the next morning, most of my candles had frosted! I was so upset about it - people still bought them so maybe they didn't care but I am really sensitive to it.

Good luck with the labelling!

Connie, I hope you had great candle sales!

For your labels - If you have any sticky residue, try some rubbing alcohol, baby oil or hand sanitizer. The hand sanitizer will work on small areas.

I have used the prepackaged small alcohol pads. They work wonderful to get off any sticky residue when you pull off price labels.

unfortunately, I will be dealing with this problem next weekend as I have done for the past 10 years.

I use the brown craft labels and the ink likes to feather and they get wrinkles :shocked2:

I have been covering my stuff really good with sheets and that seems to help alot.

I'm under a big tent with other crafters and that darned thing is always drippy in the morning when I get there to open my space.

I usually take extra towels and strategically uncover my stuff until the sun sucks up all the morning dew. That's the best I can do, and my customers don't care about the label ,just what's in the jar :)

Another thing that has helped for me is in addition to the sheets (to hide products)I put a piece of clear plastic "dropcloth" over everything to give it a barrier from the wetness. The dew collects on top of the plastic and never makes it onto the product. I think a good sized roll of it is under $5 in the paint department at Home Depot. This also works great on those shows that are held rain or shine where it might mist/rain and you have the possibility that your tent will leak. Because it is clear it is not as noticable as the big blue tarps and fits nicely between the tent supports and the tent top, or can be draped over the top of your tent and clipped on easily. I have 1-2 rolls of it in my truck all the time "just in case".