mixing waxes

Well, kinda. I mix 4627 and 4786 1/2 and 1/2 and I had a case of J223 that I had bought to test. It might have just been a bad batch but everything I poured with the J223 had big sinkholes/airpockets so instead of letting it sit or pawn it off on someone else I ended up adding it to my mixture (used it in tarts too) Surprisingly I didn't have to change the wick size and the throw stayed the same. As far as curing I know some people swear by it but to me the strength of the cold throw does not change over time. Obviously if your pouring vanilla and you get the strong hot throw in the melted wax and then you sniff your cooled candle you aren't going to get much of a throw because your nose became use to the strong smell in your pour pot.

Like I said some peeps say the cold throw increases by letting your candle "cure" but there isn't any scientific basis for that assumption. On the old board Alan gave a super explanation about the subject of curing.

This was the only mix I used, and I loved it. Like breanna stated let it cure and it was awesom. 9 oz hex were pretty tough to wick with this though. However, that could just be me. Good luck..

Tim

I first used the kerr wide mouth canning jars and they wicked really nice,,,:)