Extracts?

Red

Yes, you *can* use them, you can use anything.... BUT they may separate out and won't give you a lasting scent (maybe some very pale color...?) and may cause skin irritations.

So, no. Extracts are not made for MP, stick to skin-safe FOs or EOs for scent and skin-safe soap colorants for color.

I have used lemon extract before with no problems. I used the kind in the grocery store in the spice isle for cooking and baking. Worked out fine for me. So I think it depends on what extract you are using. I switched back to a lemon FO because it made more sense economically. I have also used fresh squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest in my M&P and it turned out nice too.

Haven't tried any other extracts besides lemon so I can't vouch for them. But for a spice like cinnamon I would definitely want to use a designated skin safe FO. In any event whatever you experiment with you need to test to make sure its skin safe.