HELP! ICS is discontinuing most of Snowtop's oils

Holly

I am so bummed. I just sent out a fundraiser brochure and Snowtop's Mac Apple was on the list. I now need to find a replacement. I do have a sample of CS Mac Apple. Does anyone know how they compare in soy? Gee, I hate this kind of thing. First, I cannot find The Scented Bean which I get several oils from and now this!

P.S. I need to find another Carmel Nut Cluster as well.

Edited by Holly

I emailed Kathy. She said she has the Mac Apple on order. I just emailed her back to ask if that is one that she is going to continue to carry. I sure hope so. I will let you know. I should have asked her about the Carmel Nut Cluster.

In quality I would compare st's mac apple & caramel nut cluster to Millcreeks Fresh mac apple & their caramel nut cluster. I have used both caramel nut clusters & I can not tell any different at all. Both throw awesome in gb415. Mc's fresh mac apple is super strong in gb415.

Wow! That Caramel Nut Cluster is so good! I have yet to ever find anything that comes even remotely close to it.

Kathy emailed me back and said that she is forced to discontue the CNC because everytime she goes to reorder it, they up the price.

She did not confirm with me on the Mac Apple (if she is going to continue with it), but I do know that she has it on order, so she probably is.

I agree, ST CNC is really good!

In quality I would compare st's mac apple & caramel nut cluster to Millcreeks Fresh mac apple & their caramel nut cluster. I have used both caramel nut clusters & I can not tell any different at all. Both throw awesome in gb415. Mc's fresh mac apple is super strong in gb415.

Thanks, Carol. That is good to know! I will have to check to see if I have a sample of either one. I don't think I do though because I was always satisfied with the ones from Snowtop. At least for now, I can still get the Mac Apple, but I can try MC's CNC and compare it in my soy.

Mac apple is one that i didn't ever try from ICS..but if you need a replace ment...CS Mackintos Apples throws awsome in my 415 soy...HTH

Thanks! I originally got it from Snowtop, and when they sold out to ICS I continued with it. I do have a sample from CS. I will give it a try just in case I need to find a replacement in the future. For now, I can still get it from ICS.

Edited by Holly

I thought all she was discontinuing was ST wild orchid!

I received a newsletter. She did not indicate just that one. She said that she had been forced to discontinue many "Snowtop" scents. I have not ordered in awhile, so I was unsure of what scents have/had been discontinued over the last several months and was unsure if more were going to be discontinued. After I emailed her with some questions, she did email me back and said that the only one that she has planned to discontinue that she had not already discontinued is the Wild Orchid. But, she did also mention when I asked her that Carmel Nut Cluster was one of the ones she is being forced to find an alternative for, because everytime she goes to order it, they up the cost.

I am sure she is doing her best to keep us all satisfied, but I guess there are things that suppliers have to do which are best for their businesses. Even though this kind of thing bums me out, I will have to be understanding.

HTH

Edited by Holly

Well if she discontinues the ST Banana Nut Bread (which was my formula that I trustingly gave to Angie with a promise of a co op with me that she never did then decided to sell as her own a few years back) Yep, live and learn. You can get it right from Bell Aire as well as Candlewic. Same exact formulation. ; ) HTH

This is the email I just got today,..

Hi again; Just wanted to clarify. In my update I said "I have been forced to discontinue many "Snowtop" scents.' Not I am being forced to discontinue many "Snowtop" scents. The only "Snowtop" I have planned to discontinue, that I have not already, is Wild Orchid. And based on the sales there is no one that cares about that. Till Later, Kathy @ Indiana Candle Supplies www.IndianaCandleSupplies.com

ETS: She doesn't seem to happy, that some of us DO care. I understand her part, (if they dont sell well), but I think maybe she should then offer the "snowtop" oils to another supplier that would carry the majority of them. I would order more from her if she would package better and be a bit friendlier, but I only get a few from her and they are the "SNOWTOP" oils. Oh-well,..I need to just start search for new ones NOW, because I have a feeling they will all be discontinued eventually.

Edited by leisa2003

This is the email I just got today,..

Hi again; Just wanted to clarify. In my update I said "I have been forced to discontinue many "Snowtop" scents.' Not I am being forced to discontinue many "Snowtop" scents. The only "Snowtop" I have planned to discontinue, that I have not already, is Wild Orchid. And based on the sales there is no one that cares about that. Till Later, Kathy @ Indiana Candle Supplies www.IndianaCandleSupplies.com

ETS: She doesn't seem to happy, that some of us DO care.

I got that one too yesterday and thought it was to me personally. LOL I thought this because we had been emailing a few times right before that and for some reason it did not look like a newsletter type thing....unless I missed something. I thought she was correcting me directly on how I was interpreting her first newsletter. No matter what language is used, it would depend on the interpretation. You can read it either way no matter if "have been" or "am being" was used.

Edited by Holly

ETS: She doesn't seem to happy, that some of us DO care. I understand her part, (if they dont sell well), but I think maybe she should then offer the "snowtop" oils to another supplier that would carry the majority of them. I would order more from her if she would package better and be a bit friendlier, but I only get a few from her and they are the "SNOWTOP" oils. Oh-well,..I need to just start search for new ones NOW, because I have a feeling they will all be discontinued eventually.

I understand what you mean. It appears that she wants to leave them as an option to buy again if things pick up for everyone. I don't feel confident about it either. I already have some I need to replace for The Scented Bean as well. :sad2: I will just have to hope it all works out.

I understand what you mean. It appears that she wants to leave them as an option to buy again if things pick up for everyone. I don't feel confident about it either. I already have some I need to replace for The Scented Bean as well. :sad2: I will just have to hope it all works out.

Well she's discontinued a few of the "snowtop" oils in the past that I did use. Snowtop was actually my first supplier. And I just have this feeling, that they will all be gone eventually. My all-time FAVORITE blueberry muffin (snowtop) was replaced with ICS-blueberry chessecake YUK!!!! And I can't even find her message board anymore,..is that gone?? I knew alot of snowtop's peeps on there.

Edited by leisa2003

Well she's discontinued a few of the "snowtop" oils in the past that I did use. Snowtop was actually my first supplier. And I just have this feeling, that they will all be gone eventually. And I can't even find her message board anymore,..is that gone?? I knew alot of snowtop's peeps on there.

I have the same feeling. I also noticed some changes in the oils, but that could be a manufacturing thing. There is several new competitors now for oil companies and so many previous candle makers that have quit. It is kinda like the Snowtop oils have to be remarketed again to the new people. Maybe that is why they were not moving as fast....if that is the case.

I have the same feeling. I also noticed some changes in the oils, but that could be a manufacturing thing. There is several new competitors now for oil companies and so many previous candle makers that have quit. It is kinda like the Snowtop oils have to be remarketed again to the new people. Maybe that is why they were not moving as fast....if that is the case.

I will have to look, I had a old thread about the "snowtop" oils (maybe a yr. or so ago) on here, about noticing that they didnt seem the same. I noticed it with the Vanilla Bliss (just didnt seem as good as when Angie had snowtop, so I just switched it completely.

That was one of the reasons I stopped buying from her. I ordered 2 pounds of snowtop oil and she didn't tape the box shut nevermind put even a shread of packing material in the box, so one fell out in transit. She told me "The box didn't say you had to tape it shut" and never replaced what I was missing. Took no responsibility what so ever and blamed it on me for choosing USPS. I filed a charge back for what I was missing, won and took my business else ware. I spent more money on replacements and retesting but it was the principal. Plus I ended up with allot of new great ones so I am much happier.

And you are right some of the scents did change. Key Lime Pie for one, smells nothing like the original ST blend anymore. The Vanilla bliss is not the same either. It's apples and oranges so I got rid of it. I noticed the description changed from strong undertones maple to hazelnut once people started to complain. The description suites the new blend she is selling but it is not the original ST by any means.

Edited by funkymonkey66
add