Where is the best place.....

jenniejr

Before this board crashed there was tons of info on it...they should have the archives up sometime and you can look in there... Until then you can always try The Whisk or The Soap Dish for info...

If you have a question feel free to post it and there are lots of "pros" on here that can help.

Ashleigh

On the old board Robin had a tutorial up and I want to say its on her webpage but cant for the life of me remeber the web addy. You could try looking on the members list and see if she has her web addy in her profile. Thats how I learned and started making cp soap. :D

What is the difference between CP, M&P, etc....? I have read up on them some on different sites, but they all are sooooo confusing. They seem to leave out alot. Thanks for the ideas so far. I will definitely go to Robin's site!

You guys are GREAT! :)

One of the standard sites to go learn is http://millersoap.com Learn all that and you'll be an expert in no time.

Another pretty good site is done by the owner of Brambleberry - http://teachsoap.com

Anyone else run across some good tutorials?

We'll try to get the acronym list back up. In the meantime:

M&P - melt and pour. It's a detergent base that's very easy to use - you don't have to work with lye since the soap is already "made". Melt, color, fragrance, pour - you can do a lot of nice things.

CP - cold process - you are mixing oils and lye to make soap, and the chemical reaction is supported by it's own heat generation. Saponification isn't quite done when you pour into the mold.

HP - hot process - similar - you mix oil and lye, but you cook the mix all that way through saponification until it's done.