How can I fix candle holes?

I mixed feather palm wax with paraffin 4627 (12 oz. and 6 oz. respectively). Now the candles are showing holes on top. Should I use a heat gun or do a re-pour? I used zinc 60-44-18 for the 8oz. size tureens. Heated the wax mix to 200 degrees, added FO (Pumpkin souffle from CS) at 180, stirred for 2 minutes, and poured.

Did I do anything incorrectly? How long should I leave them to cure?

Thanks for all your advice!

Why did you use the paraffin? What issue were you attempting to resolve?

Now the candles are showing holes on top.

You could try heatgunning them... Because I don't know whether you have any good crystalization, it's hard to predict the outcome. If decent crystallization is present, the tops WILL look different from the rest of the candle because it did not crystallize at the same time as the rest. The crystals will be much smaller and finer.

I mixed the two waxes because the 4627 is supposed to have great scent throw but it's way too soft, like vaseline. I mixed it with palm because all the feather palm tarts I made smell great. So I thought I'd still get great throw without have candles with the consistency of honey. Was the heating/pouring done correctly? Thank you!:confused:

Was the heating/pouring done correctly?

The temps sound within the parameters of normal to me as far as palm wax goes, but I know nothing about paraffin. I think palm stearic acid would do the job better than palm wax... I also wonder if you could simply add the soft paraffin to a firmer container soy wax - a parasoy kind of a thing - might throw well and straighen out some frostin gissues. ;)

I mixed the two waxes because the 4627 is supposed to have great scent throw but it's way too soft, like vaseline. I mixed it with palm because all the feather palm tarts I made smell great. So I thought I'd still get great throw without have candles with the consistency of honey. Was the heating/pouring done correctly? Thank you!:confused:

Maybe I missed something, but what do you mean by this?

You're right, Stella, that's the reason I mixed the 2 waxes. Next I'll try mixing the 4627 with CBL129, and then perhaps mix the 4627 with the Crafters'Choice SP - but not sure what percentage I should start with :confused:.

I like zinc wicks, they seem the ones to cause me the least trouble (aside from the mushrooming!) I've been using the 60-44-18 (for 3.5 to 4" jar openings) and the 44-28-18 for smaller containers (those between 2" and 3" diameter/opening.

Now back to the testing field:rolleyes2