natural pillar/votive wax

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody.

I am making 3 inch pillars from this wax with Apple Jack & Peel F/O. I started with a htp 126 in one and a htp 105 in the other. They both burned really good. The flame was a little big on the htp 126. I let them burn from 7:30 am to 1:15 pm. That's when the 126 had a blow out. The edges were soft on the 105. I know that I burned them to long but wanted to see what they did. During the holidays people tend to burn candles longer. Don't you think? Well any way the question is this. Do I stay with the 105 or the 126? Or is there something in between these 2 wicks that might work better? I have cotton core wicks on hand. Thought maybe the 51. Thanks for any suggestions. Christi

I think I would do more testing with the 105, as long as the flame was nice. Especially to see how the pillar burns after several lightings. If it has a pretty flame, I would rather wick smaller just to be sure the candle is safe. That is a really long burn though, so having the 126 last that long is good IMO. But in the long run I think it would be better to play it safe with the 105.