- GB 464

- KY parasoy for tarts

- palm wax

- IGI 4641

- Ecosoya pillar blend

- 6006 (blend)

- 4627 (par.)

- Harmony 4630

The 4627 is so sticky, it's really messy to work with! Can it be used for tarts (it'd probably be a nightmare to remove from mold)? Or is it better for containers?

Haven't had much luck with the 6006; can't get it to throw. I buy my scents from Candle Science, Peak, Moonworks, Elements, and Cajun Candles. Also, many scents do not throw well at all in the GB464. I follow directions, but it does not seem to make a difference. Do I need to let them cure longer?

What am I doing wrong? Or is it my nose? I'm not making candles, just tarts for now. Thank you!:)

How long do these waxes need to cure?

About a week, IMO.

The 4627 is so sticky, it's really messy to work with! Can it be used for tarts (it'd probably be a nightmare to remove from mold)? Or is it better for containers?

I think you have your answer. Sticky wax isn't meant for tarts! ;)

What am I doing wrong? Or is it my nose?

The dreaded candlenose can really play mean tricks on us. Have you asked someone else to evaluate the ones you think have no throw?

I follow directions, but it does not seem to make a difference.

How much FO are you using pp? Are you using any additives? What temp are you adding FO? What temp do you pour the tarts? Are you stirring continuously for at least 3 minutes or so after adding the FO?

Do I need to let them cure longer?

Maybe - how long are you letting them cure before melting them? What kind of melter are you using?

oK, I'll play with the 4627 when I decide to make candles - it'll be a while:rolleyes2!

The GB 464... I heat it to 170-180, add approx. 1.5oz. FO to one pund of wax, turn the heat off and stir for 2 minutes (I actually bought a kitchen timer), and then pour when the temp gets around 155. Sometimes others tell me the tart does not have much smell - so I'm thinking it's the FO I use. Most times friends and family tell me they can smell the tarts but "they're not very strong" - and I want killer stength!

I do not use any additives, though I started adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to one pound of GB464.

Most tarts get "tested"one day or two later (I'm impatient...). I use one of the candlewarmer they sell at Walmart or Hobby Lobby and put a pyrex bowl on it with the tart in it.

From your answers, looks like I really should let them cure a little longer, correct? Any other tips? Thank you so very much for all the help you can give!

I use the EcoSoya Pillar Blend. A lot does depend on the FO you use. Some just wont throw.

The aroma that's released when you are making them is a good indicator of how well your melt will throw. I've never worried about cure time for tarts. Once the wax melts it will release the aroma.

I've found the type of melter and wattage to have more of an impact. One customer always complained about a light throw. Come to find out she was using a tealight holder and the flame was 4 1/2 inches from the bottom of the bowl and sometimes it didn't completely melt. On electrics the higher the wattage the more heat is generated; hotter wax throws better.

Also where the melter is placed is an important factor. During the summer and winter seasons the central air and furnace are being used. I tell customers to put it away from the air return (where the filter is located) because it will just suck the fragrance right out of the air.

Hope that helps.

I have a box of 4627 that has been sitting here for a few months. I never thought of mixing it with other wax!! What type of ratio are we talking though. I hear that it has SUPER fragrance load and can hold up to 10%. Also it apparently burns longer. I would love to hear more about it! :):)