Sniffie swaps?

PurpleHippie

Has anyone ever done a sniffie type exchange or swap? Not really sure exactly what it would be called but sniffie seems appropriate. Enough FO on a cotton ball or Q-tip to smell the fragrance. I was just thinking that I would love to try more of Daystar's FO's but the 2oz sample sizes are a bit expensive for me so I usually only order one sample with my full size oil purchase. Nothing against DS, she has awesome oils! Maybe it's a good thing because if smaller sizes were available I might develop an even longer "must have" list.:smiley2: 2oz sizes are great for testing a small batch of soap but most of the time I would just like to smell the FO to see if it is what I had in mind. On a few gardening sites I've seen seed exchanges or seeds offered for a self address stamped envelope. Have there ever been any sniffie FO exchanges here? Anyone interested in possibly doing one?

Thanks for the information. I was thinking of just a very small amount of FO on a cotton ball. Just enough to sniff not really for testing purposes. I can't remember the name of the supplier but there use to be one that would send sniffies on a Q-tip by request. The sniffies were in addition to a standard order. You couldn't just order sniffies. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else ever had interest in sniffies.

I'm with you...I really get sick of throwing out my 1oz samples. It adds up when you try a new company and so many sound good, then when I get them (and think yuck) and throw most of them out. I often wondered why you couldn't order test strips (like at the fragrance counter) with FO samples on them. I guess that would be a hassle.

sniffle swaps are great...but one thing I found out..if you don't keep each scent totally seperate...they will all incorperate together...

I did a sniffle swap, and we did q-tips...and put them each in a seperate zip lock, but the scent still came thru and mingled all together..

so you might want to think of putting them folded up really good in tin foil or something where the scent says true..

Does this make since?...lol

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES