So Disappointed...

Have you considered adding coconut oil to your GB 444? I haven't used the 444 but I've added CO (76 degree LouAnn Brand) to the 415 with good results.

Coconut oil is my cure all with soy wax frustration. It cures the cauliflower tops, color frosting and improves throw. I use about 1 tbsp per pound of soy.

HTH,

Jacqui

I've heard great things about CO...I've tried it with the 444 with no success....anywhere from 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon. It didn't seem to make a difference in the appearance or scent throw in my experience, but I will definitley keep it around for when I start testing 415.:smiley2: Did it make your candles burn a little differently? Mine seemed to burn a little warmer when I have tried it, and the wicks seemed to mushroom a little more? Maybe it is just how it interacts with 444?:confused:

For info on the difference between waxes, I find it very helpful to go to the manufacturer's website...

http://www.gfgb.com/candles/candle_products.htm

According to them, 444 is a blend of TWO veggie waxes (soy and???) plus an additive (USA perhaps?). 415 is one of their two all-soy waxes.

Thank you for pointing that out!!! I have read that page a few times trying to decide which wax to try next, and for some reason it has never clicked that it is 2 waxes and I don't know why I just assumed it was USA added to it. That makes me a liitle better in my frustration with this situation. I don't know why. I may be starting to lose it a little. :whistle:

i use cd wicks with mine and have used htp before with good results. the one important thing with soy is alot of times you dont achieve a fmp in the first burn.. soy burns down then out so it could take a few burns to even itself out. what diameter is your jar and what size wicks ? there have been a couple f/o's i just couldnt get a good ht from and stopped trying.

I'm using a CD 14 in a 3 inch diameter container. I think the wick maybe okay, because in my last test with a different fragrance, all the wax caught up and all the hang up melted by the end. This tester is starting to follow that same routine. I tryed wicking up and it burned too hot. Wicking down may be a possibility. Of course, unfortunately, maybe this FO just may not work for this wax.....boo.

Have you tried NatureWax C3? ;)

Ya, I got a 5 lb sample of it. When I burned my testers, the melt pool was full of bubbles...:shocked2: I didn't get much throw, so I didn't continue testing...I think I still have a little left. Do you use fragrances from Candle Coccoon?

I got a 5 lb sample of it. When I burned my testers, the melt pool was full of bubbles...:shocked2: I didn't get much throw, so I didn't continue testing...

:rolleyes2 Making high quality veggie wax candles is NOT like making Jello Instant pudding. :lipsrseal

I haven't used FOs from Candle Coccoon, but others have and had very positive things to say about their FOs (the Fragrance forum is full of reviews by members).

My best suggestion is to read, read, read. Answers for everyone's issues (except in the case of NEW waxes on the market) are contained in the threads here at CT.

It could be a problem with the fo not fully incorporating with the wax. Heavy fos can sometimes sink toward the bottom and you don't get a scent throw until halfway down the container. I experimented with using a single beater hand mixer to blend wax and fo. The ht was crazy good but the air bubbles made it look like a bomb site. I even thought about pouring the wax through some kind of micro screen filter to break up the bubbles and then decided the whole thing was crazy. I sold some of them to a private label and they couldn't believe how strong they were. HTH?

I agree - how & how much one stirs has a great deal to do with how well a fragrance is mixed in with the wax. I bought a silicon whisk - love it, but have to be careful not to incorporate air as I am stirring! I generally use it in the Presto. In my pour pots, I use an iced tea spoon, which works quite well. Skewers, etc. do not stir well enough for me. I would love to find an inexpensive automatic stirrer, but thus far, have not found one... :undecided

That's gotta be it! Last night I made some new testers and when I put the fragrance in, I stirred, and didn't stop until I poured. Before, I would just stir for 2 minutes, let it sit, then give it a little stir right before I poured. I'll burn my new testers tomorrow and see if the new way made a difference. I think that's the problem with the Sultry Angel (I bet the oil sank and did not get incorporated properly). I have Serendipity from Candle Coccoon burning right now, and WOW! I can smell it all over!! It's awesome! The plastic wisk sounds like a good idea. I have always used a wooden spoon...so far I have only used a pour pot. Thanks Guys!!!:thumbsup: