Layered votives and pillar.

*Dee*

ok this is my second attempt at votives/pillars. the purple is lilac breeze the white is clothesline fresh and the pink is rose.

DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1315.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1319.jpg

whats up with the dimples on top of the votives ? i didnt get that with my chunky ones. they're kinda cute lol should i poke relief holes for now on and repour ? i didnt think i needed to with ecosoya pb.

Those votives look perfect...IMHO, I wouldn't waste my time with a repour...those "dimples" form on all our votives as well, and we find it usually occurrs when using the wick pins. The amount of dimpling is so minor IMO, I'd leave well enough alone.

I haven't been for awhile, but I'm pretty sure I know where you're talking about. I think I was last there in 04, maybe 05. Trying to remember the name lol. I liked going in and looking around. Think they have a second store in Chicago or something.

Yes, Waxman. That's it.

Oz native. My bf isn't far from there.

going to comment about the votives. Maybe it's just how it looks on my computer, but it looks like you could have poured sooner on the second layer, particularly. There's a pix that looks like it isn't a smooth transition. Could be just how it looks from this angle.

I think you did well with the layers and not getting any bleeding.

i *think* i see what you are meaning, it looks like the pink shrunk more than the white, and the white has more of an edge ?

i wasent exactley sure how to go about pouring layers, like how firm the first layer needs to be before you pour the next layer and how much hotter you want to pour the second layer compared to the first.. i tried searching but didnt find much so i kinda winged it :/