trying to locate apothecary jars nearby

I have always purchased everything from Alabaster because they had a warehouse in Louisville, KY (20 mins from me) now that they have closed their Louisville warehouse I have to pay shipping!!!!YUCK!!!!! And on top of that they have raised their prices!!! I am trying to locate a new supplier for my 10 and 16 ounce apothecary jars. Any recommendations for a supplier in Indiana or Kentucky?

I'm having the same problem. I haven't found any close by.

The one's from The Candle Makers Store are not the same, they are a little smaller. I also tried Candle Science, but they are the Libbey Jars instead of the Anchor Hocking.

Will definetely have to have them shipped, no suppliers close enough for pick up.

Have you noticed that the price of their fragrance oils have also gone up? I so miss Herb!!! I have found some apothecary jars at Makes Scents Candles out of Ohio, that are reasonably price. I will call them tomorrow to find out what kind they are. The shipping will be a little less because they are closer.

I really miss him too. I picked up all my wax and most of my jars there. Now I have to have all of it shipped.

Filmore has a good price on the jars, but the lids are way to high.

I found the lids at a good price somewhere, but forgot where it was. I'll have to do some searching. Might have to go that route. Good Luck!

I emailed Makers Scent Candles and the email I received stated they were unsure what brand the are, which is a little strange. I went ahead and ordered them. I will let you know if they are the same or not. Shipping to New Albany, IN was only $23.00 on 70 jars, and the jars with lids were only $1.25 if you ordered 70. If you find out were you got the lids, I would love that info, thanx.

• 2 months later...

Dawn, have you checked pricing from Containers & Packaging?

I didn't realize their Fulfillment Center was in Louisville. I placed an order on-line Saturday night and they called me Monday morning to advise it was ready to pick up. I left my office downtown, drove to Bluegrass Industrial Park, loaded up the jars and was back in the office all within an hour! No shipping charges.

AND the 8-oz. jelly jars are the exact same brand as the ones I used to get from Alabaster (Alabama Glass Company).

They don't have a huge selection of apothecary jars, but maybe you'll find something you like.

Lois