Sticky M&P clear

designsbymachado

I bought some clean M&P and it was sticky in the box, I made my first batch of soaps, and there oily and sticky, I called the company and they told me its the weather, to use a fan. I wont be able to sell these soaps, I dont know if I got a bad batch or its normal for this soap to do this. I will post ingredients.

coconut oil

palm oil

saflower oil

glycerine

purified water

sodium hydroxide

sorbitol

sorbitol oleate

soy bean protein

I'm betting the culprit is the glycerin. Sometimes too much makes for a very "sticky situation!"

I probably wouldn't accept their "use a fan" reply without throwing a little fit. But I guess you should try that and see what happens.

A batch of soap that sweats can be helped with a fan... but a sticky batch seems like it would be altogether different.

I'd probably be asking for my money back, and trying out a good quality base from another supplier!

I would ask for my money back too!!! I live in Louisiana where we have very high levels of humidity and I have never come across soap like this. I actually used some melt & pour to make soaps yesterday and they set up quite nicely, and let me tell you it was very humid yesterday.

I use melt & pour base from ky and brambleberry.

Where did you get your base(so we don't buy any)?

I've been making M&P for a few years now and never had a problem like that. Sounds like the supplier is making excuses for a crappy product. I'd call back for my money and look for a better quality product like PA suggested.

"Use a fan..".. who are they kidding?!!!:angry2:

just checking on your terminology ... what you mean by "sticky", others here might call "sweaty". Where are you located? I'm in the midwest, and I've had to have the AC going all summer or else my soaps sweat like mad. It's frustrating, because I love a summer breeze, but the finished product just can't take it. If you're anywhere near here, I suspect your soap is sweating.

I've order from just about every supplier out there, and don't recall ever getting a 'sticky' soap. Lots of SOFT ones though that I simply can't use.

If you could post your state and your supplier, we might be able to help you better :)