Does anyone buy from Northstar Country Candle Co.

GailC

Hi!

I am a brand new member; was lurking around here all last week. Very interesting and informative forum. I am also brand new at making candles. Before I bought my supplies, I researched many different companies on the web, and finally decided to order from Northstar. Received my shipment promptly and have made two small batches of soy candles. I liked all my fragrance samples except the Angel Wings.

Now I am hooked and want to order some more fragrance samples...don't know whether to stay with Northstar or try somewhere else. It seems no one on here uses that company. Is there a reason? The one scent I've burned so far seems to have a good "hot throw"...see I'm learning the candle making lingo already! :smiley2:

I haven't used them, but if you're happy with them, no need to leave them.

I'll be one of those to encourage you to try other suppliers so you get an idea if what they sell works in your application. Sometimes it might be better and sometimes not.

Some suppliers offer scents that others don't. Some rename them, but fragrances can be fun and oh so addictive.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the reply. I can see how candle making can become addictive.

So many fragrances...so many colors. When I did counted cross stitch, I wanted all the DMC colors of floss too. :)

I found some old teacups and saucers at a garage sale, and all of a sudden got the bright idea that they would make lovely candles. And great gifts!

I went to 3 Goodwills last week and found some more...Senior Citizen's day is a wonderful thing!

I have used a couple of their oils & they were nice. If you are using soy you might want to check out millcreek & candlescience. They both test in soy wax. Candlescience has a leaf rating system & i've found it is very accurate.

Be careful what you use for containers. They may not be candle safe. And it's hard to test odds and ends you find at garage sales and Goodwill. You would be better off using canning jars which you know can take the heat.

Thanks for the advice...I guess I figured that coffee and tea cups could take the heat, so to speak. And I'm really doing this because I love the look of the cups as much as I love the fragrance of the candles.

But I'm not going to market these or anything...just for friends and family right now. I've burned two so far for a few hours, and they did OK. I am going to tell people not to let the wax burn all the way down though, just in case.

I have used a couple of their oils & they were nice. If you are using soy you might want to check out millcreek & candlescience. They both test in soy wax. Candlescience has a leaf rating system & i've found it is very accurate.

Thanks...I noticed that leaf rating at Candlescience. I was wanting to get some tea and coffee fragrances for the cups...but one I wanted from there has a one leaf rating.

I use soy wax (CB-135) for my candles. I've used their Country Berry and Blue Denim which have become great sellers for me.

Blue Denim sounds interesting...and I have no idea really what blue denim would smell like. :smiley2:

I have already determined that what I've read on this forum is very true...this little hobby could quickly become very addicitive and expensive....so many fragrances, so hard to choose.