Tarts are too strong

KoalaGirl

Hi everyone, I made the mistake of not letting some tarts cure before I tested them. They smelt great so went ahead and made a big batch. A week later I burnt one and it was way too strong. I didnt realize that a weeks cure time would make such a big difference!

Can I just melt down the whole batch and add enough wax to bring down the total percentage of oil in the batch. It seems logical but has anyone done this and does it work ok?

Thanks

On the one hand... simply remelting the batch- with out adding extra wax- will be probably enough to weaken the fo. Naturally some of the oomph in the FO will burn off just like the first time you burn a single tart. But on the other hand, if one tart is too strong how will you be able to handle an entire batch in a melt pot:shocked2:?

Lol... I'm just sayin'!

Its CS Baby powder and I had made them at %12. I have melted a few down and added more wax to take them down to %9. I'll let them cure and see how that goes.

Ive learnt that more is not always better!

It was so strong, I could 'taste' it when I walked into the room {and its a good sized room}.

Its CS Baby powder and I had made them at %12. I have melted a few down and added more wax to take them down to %9. I'll let them cure and see how that goes.

Ive learnt that more is not always better!

It was so strong, I could 'taste' it when I walked into the room {and its a good sized room}.

Yuk, @ tasting them!! 12% is to much for me!! Hope you got it worked out now.

Leisa