cd's or csn's for palm wax votives?

I am trying for the first time to make palm wax votives and was wondering which of these wicks is the better choice. I have done a search and have seen cd 6&7 or csn 5,7 & 9.

The votive molds I have are the round and the square, not sure if that makes a difference or not on which wick I use.

Thanks bunches :yay:

Debbie

Either type of wick will work just fine. As for square votives, like others, they should be burned in a close-fitting container. The corners will tend to have a little hangup, but that's cause no matter what, ya cant get a wick to burn with anything but a circular MP. ;):laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Thanks Stella! Starting out making palm candles, I experimented with rrd's, csn's, cd's and even cdn's. I have a whole lot of wicks, in other words! I hate to get rid of any of them, I never know when one of them will come in handy. :yay: :yay:

Stella can you help me

I recently had to switch jars to my new 4 inch libbey Lucida jar.I am having such trouble getting a good wick for this jar. I hate double wicking so I have tried just about everything else along with double wicking. I have tried 1-HTP1312 , 1-RRD 55, 1-RRD65 , 2x 60-44-18C, 2x HTP 126, 2x HTP 105, 2 xLX16 and 2xRRD 37 . I am at my wits end. I use a 100% soy(Plain 415) wax with approx. 1.50 FO . This has worked for me with my 3.75 inch jars which I can no longer get.Here are my results.

RRD55 mushroom quickly

RRD65 Mushroom very quickly

HTP 1312 not a large enough melt pool after 4 hours

2x 60-44-18C Mushroom and burn very quickly

2xHTP 126 Burns very quickly and gets hot

2xHTP 105 is what I had settled on for the spring and summer . Feed back is after a couple of burn the wicks are drowning out

2 x RRD 37 or 2x LX16 I can see that the same might be happening as the HTP 105

HELP ! with the fall quickly approaching I am freaking out.

Do you have any suggestions? I thought the RRD would be the answer to my prayers. Tell me about the CDN Series or anything else you might suggest. Thank you for your help

Laura

OMG you are wonderful . This is my first time on the forum and you are quick.sorry if you posted this before and i made you repeat yourself. May I ask a couple of more questions. If the 20 or 22 don't work and I have to double which CDN would you suggest? Do they muschroom Thanks so much