6006 vs 6098

I did a search on 6098 on here and did not find much information other then the same question I'm going to ask....

What is the difference between the two...has anyone tried the 6098 Victory Blend?

I was on the IGI site and they seemed to be identical, they are both a Para/Soy blend but of course they do not disclose the ratio of soy to para.

Candles and Supplies carries this wax and they seem to think there may be a higher concentration of soy in the 6098 then the 6006 due to different melt points...at any rate I ordered a sample of this wax and will post my results after a few test burns.

• 2 years later...

I was told by my lady i buy my wax from that 6006 is way to soft and melts or tarts dont pop out of clamshells .....i have used 6098 OMG its the best it is hard to find and if you do they have gone up on price because IGI is making companies buy bigger bulk so my candle supply doesnt even carry it anymore. I was trying out some other tart wax to see if i could find one just as GREAT as the IGI 6098 with out spend a ton, alot of people say they use 4797 I have nooooooooooo idea how. this wax is sooooo hard and i can hardly get it out of clamshell its so hard!! also scent throw is horrible hardly any cold or hot throw so dont try this wax u will not have a good tart :) and you will waste your money