Quick Question about Firestarters

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else. I have been searching for a few days and have not found what I'm all looking for.

I was wondering what else you can all put in the wax for firestarters. I normally use our christmas tree from the year before, but that is now gone. (husband got rid of it :sad2: )

I saw posts about saw dust and egg cartons, but I don't have access to saw dust and our egg cartons here are made from styrofoam. I don't want to use those.

I do plan on selling these, but not for very much (basiclly 25 cents a piece)... so they don't have to be fancy. Anything else that I can use???

I don't make firestarters but I think I read in the "wickless" forum area someone suggested or was using dryer lint in theirs. You might check there to see if you can get what you need. I was contemplating trying to make these for the winter season but most people around here use gas fireplaces.

Karen

I have used hampster bedding from walmart.....but found some great wood shavings at our local farmers market. A vender there sells his wood project shavings cheap....it was $1 for a garbage bag full....

I have used pinecones, pieces of trees, and some old potpourri that didnt smell much anymore. I have also used cinnamon sticks (from the dollar tree) and stuff like that. I would not put alot of money into stuff for them - since they sell cheap. Just put what you can find cheap around you.