how much EO per pound of oils?

dogmom1

i know it may vary some depending on the the oil.

i've searched. :sad2: i even used the search explained in the board usage section using google and haven't found the answer.

i've only used FOs so far, .7 to 1 ounce per pound, depending on the strength of the FO. i'd like to try some EOs.

TIA :)

It not only depends on the oil, but also where you get it from and how strong it is. Some place dilute their EO's, but if you find a place that has a good EO then scents like lavender, patchouli, lemongrass, you can get away with usually even .5ppo, unless you want it real strong. I generally do .7ppo for lighter scents like citrus, which have a tendency to fade for me.

If you are using really strong mints, like peppermint or camphorous like eucalyptus, you can do a .5ppo unless you want it to be like a medicinal type bar then you can go to .7ppo.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, meant to thank everyone for replying. :embarasse

i'm thinking of mixing a few things already. of course i don't even have the oils yet!

to think when i joined this group i actually thought i was just going to make candles......... lol