Displaying soap on website

ebcandles

Im trying to totally revamp my website and Im having issues with displaying my soap. Right now I have the soap categorized into groups such as...

- Olive Oil Soap

- Avocado and Shea

- Silky Shea

- Creamy Cocoa

And so on...

Then, I have the different scents as a drop down under each category.

My question is, do you think it would be easier to take individual pics of each soap and then describe it? Im worried that my soap page would become this huge page and people would get tired before they reach the bottom.

How does everyone else display theirs?

i don't use the drop down box for my site, therefore i have individual pics on mine for right now. in your situration i would take a pic of each category soap, such as olive, shea, etc, and have the drop down with the scents. in other words, if you have four categories, you would have four pics of soaps. HTH

I think it would be more organized to show the different soaps available by scent--

eg:

Melon scent- Pics of types of soaps

X scent- different soaps

That way, people can search by scent, or by ingredient and see what scents are available...does this make sense? :o

I would have 1 picture of each soap as the main catagory, describing things such as ingredients, benefits, etc then a drop down for each scent available. Personally I can't stand bouncing back and forth from page to page to either find what I want or to compare one product to another

I just display each individual bar, but then I don't have that many. I categorize them, though, by type; like herbal, milk-based, floral, etc. Those categories are in the sidebar and you click on them and see each individual soap in that category.

Thanks for posting this Carmen, I've been contemplating the same thing, especially since each batch looks a little bit different. I thought about having a rotating random picture or something. I like looking at the different soaps, but am not sure how customers feel about it, if they like it or if it matters.