Pillar leveling

Have you ever had a pillar that just would not level???? There seems to be a hard part or something that just keeps it from leveling evenly. I don't have this often, but every great once in awhile. After you keep on and on it of course is much shorter so........ Does anyone know what causes this?

Awesome!!!! I will certainly try that and thanks!! I usually put slight even pressure on the top, trying to make all sides on the bottom evenly touch.....this on a medium hot old flat griddle. Thanks again!!!!!

That method just doesn't work for me. I have tried it. SassyQ is saying that the unlevel part is not the bottom per say but in heighth, one side is 4" and the other side is 4 & 1/8". Is that right SassyQ?

When I tried using the griddle or hot plate the bottom would be smooth but it was still unlevel, try putting a level on it and it is not level. I have found the best way is with a little paring knife and just keep trimming away at the side that is higher than the other. A little bit at a time and it finally is level, works for me :)

That's it Grama!!! But I like the other idea too. Sometimes it seems there is a harder part of wax in the middle that just will not melt down the same, but then again, may it is the sides you are talking about!! I'll try the knife. That's a great idea too. When you keep leveling it keeps leveling the exact same instead of even!!! Thanks!!!!

If you return the candle to the mold, you can trace a line around the bottom (the open top of the mold) and trim to it. Then wick & do a quick spin on the griddle just to smooth it. If you simply twirl the wick, the candle will continue to twirl unlevel because the whole candle bottom is sitting on the griddle. That will just make it worse or no better. You have to be able to remove the "higher" material before smoothing the whole thing. Knives work well for this sort of thing. HTH