Igi 6006

I'm thinking of trying this and saw from my forum search some old threads about some bad batches. I'm assuming (hoping) that this is no longer the case? I can pick this up from CS and save on shipping. For anyone who uses this wax as is (not blended) do you like its performance? HT/CT? Glass adhesion?

Thanks for any input...still searching for my perfect wax.

Karen

Okay ladies, please keep in mind that this is the perspective of a newbie and there is still a lot for me to learn. I just started experimenting with this wax. So far I really like it. I don't mix it with anything either. It makes a really beautiful, creamy looking candle. Glass adhesion is pretty good. Although I have to admit, wet spots aren't a major concern for me at this point. I do get a little shrinkage around the wick after it cools. This could maybe be corrected by adjusting my pouring temp?

I have sampled about 6 fragrances and all threw really well except for one. I use 6% fo. All had great CT too except for the one scent. I have only tried zinc wicks as well, and they burn beautifully. I haven't had any issues with smoking or soot.

It's definitely a wax that I am going to continue testing. Maybe experimenting with different wicks, pouring temps, etc... I think this wax has a lot of potential. So far I have been very pleased with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the 10 lb slab of this wax from CandleScience because I wasn't getting the hot scent throw that I wanted from pure soy wax so I thought I'd try this paraffin/soy blend. I bought the 10 lb slab (they also have a 50 lb case). I love the cold & hot scent throw but I was amazed at how much soot it produced. I used the wick recommended by the website for tins I used and followed directions to a "T" but I still got A LOT of soot. Hopefully that was just my experience. Like I said, on the plus side - it gives a much better hot scent throw that soy alone. Hope some of this helps.

Keep in mind that 6006 wax is mostly paraffin.

It's about 75% paraffin and 25% soy. Sometimes it soots and sometimes it doesn't. It depends on the oils you are using.

It makes a nice candle. Needs to be poured hot. Sometimes you will get some sink holes, but you can do a repour or hot gun the tops.

It has good jar adhesion. Minimal wet spots. Be sure to warm the jars. 1 oz fragrance oil per pound is usually sufficient for a good scent throw.

I prefer zinc wicks with this wax.

I don't use any additives at all. I don't even add any soy too it. Just dye and fragrance.