6006 BLEND heating/pouring temps

Hello-

For those of you that blend 6006 with added soy, what would be a good starting point for heating and pouring temps with a 50/50 blend of 6006 and 415? I'm assuming this will actually turn out to be a be an approximate 70 soy/30 paraffin blend.

I will be using a 3 1/8" diam jar, no dye, no other additives, at approx 6-8% fo. The only wicks I have at this time to test with are CD's and some 60-44-18 and 62-52-18 cottons. Would a CD 12 be a good starting point with this wax combo?

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...TIA

I have been testing with an 85/15 formula using gb415. The ct and ht are really great but some of the candles have major wet spots and some set up just fine. I pour at 190 degrees into really warm jars and then box em up to slowly cool. I just can't understand why some get such bad wet spots, unless its just an fo issue. I sure need a stable wax to stick with but the throw on this combination is really nice.

Try a 6006 blend with 85% 6006 and 15% soy (we use C3 or EZsoy.) This would give you a 60paraffin/40soy blend. We have zero wet spots - do not heat jars, pour @ 180, cool uncovered. Carole

This is my same process and works like a charm! I use CB Adv. though.