Tart warmer shapes (palm wax)

Desertrose

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone here makes tarts using palm wax in just a plain round shape - no fluted edges, and if so how they hold up regarding storage, transport and handling.

I'm asking this as we have found a gift shop who wants us to make tart melts but is not keen on the ordinary fluted shape (wants them to look a little different, and his shop sells principally "prim" type stuff so the plainer the better he reckons)

With votives I don't like the crisp thin edge round the top you get when you pour them and I always trim this and smooth the edges so as to avoid chipping during storage and transport but as he is going to want a LOT of tart melts (to display as pick and mix) I DON'T want to trim and smooth hundreds of tarts!

We don't really want to go in the direction of pouring them into foil cups either (if possible) but due to the brittleness of palm compared to paraffin we may just have to if it turns out that they will get chipped and scruffy looking if we make them plain round ones.

Any suggestions or advice very much welcomed! :)

Regards,

Tracy

You might try a google search for "silicone molds." I ordered some a while back that were squares. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know if these will be 1 oz or not. I love making different shapes of tarts and I too use palm wax exclusively. I love the look of it. Good Luck! :)

I haven't tried the palm wax yet but just a tip for round plain tarts, I purchased a bunch of the teflon coated mini muffin trays, 12 muffins to a tray at Big Lots for $2.00 per tray. They work great, simple and plain for primitive tarts..hope that helps.