Yay For Big Lots!

OverSoyed

I needed an 8 cup glass measuring cup for our M&P but no way in hell was I going to pay $25 at Macy's.

I stopped at our local dollar store, and they had 4 cup ones for $4.00, so I picked up one of those, along with 2 - 2 cup measuring cups for a $1.00 each.

I walked down to Big Lots and surprisingly, they had 8 cup measuring cups from Anchor.... and only $5.50 each! :yay::yay::yay:

YAY FOR BARGAIN SHOPPING! :P

Mparadise, can I ask you where you found a crockpot for $10? I'm acquiring equipment and supplies for my first batch. Also, anyone have leads on stickblenders? No Walmart stores around here.

I believe she said stock pot, not crock pot. Try Amazon.

I'm so over GoodWill... their prices are way too high for EVERYTHING.

The hubby likes JNCO jeans, and they have them sometimes, but why pay $6.00 for jeans when I can get new ones at TJ Maxx for $5.00.

Same goes for their houseware section.

If they prices in line with used merchandise, they would help MORE people than they are now, both with poor folks shopping, and making more money overall for their programs.

I'm so over GoodWill... their prices are way too high for EVERYTHING.

The hubby likes JNCO jeans, and they have them sometimes, but why pay $6.00 for jeans when I can get new ones at TJ Maxx for $5.00.

Same goes for their houseware section.

If they prices in line with used merchandise, they would help MORE people than they are now, both with poor folks shopping, and making more money overall for their programs.(quote)

I have to agree with OS. Our Goodwill outpriced themselves the last few years, I can get new off season clothes for the kids cheaper now elsewhere. They got nutty with prices when everyone was shopping to resell on ebay a few years back.

Glo

It really pisses me off to no end.

We stop in there maybe once every 2 months, just to look around for the rare items we might find.

I got a wooden remote control holder there, paid $9.00... took it home, and saw the Target price tag under it... $8.00. Total BS! :mad:

First off, everything they get is free! So there is no product overhead.

They are tax exempt, no overhead.

The employees get paid minimum wage, which is subsidized by gov. programs.

The only costs they have are their building leases and electric (which I'm sure is partly subsidized as well.)

Their total income last year was $32,000,000+.... $120,000,000+ over the past 4 years.

IM SO OVER TALKING ABOUT IT. :tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:

I am the same...Goodwill and Value Village are so expensive. V.V books are half of cover price! Whatever. I will go support a good used book store that actually pays people for their books.

The clothes are disgusting and way over priced.

Back to topic, we have a store here called "The Bargain Store" that I LOVE....I got stainless steel stock pots for under $10, all kinds of cool stuff. Kids clothes are dirt cheap, too.

Made the rounds today shopping for a stick blender and crock pot (going to start with hot process soap in a crock pot). Went to Goodwill, Salvation Army, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross (2 different stores), Walgreens, Big Lots, and Macys.

Purchased a stick blender with stainless steel detachable blender part (with chopper attachment I won't need), 250 watt with variable speed dial, Oster brand for $20 at Ross.

Didn't purchase crock pot yet, as 4 quart looks kind of small since it's the soaping pot as well. Best price for 4 quart was $16 at Macys (with 20% off coupon), 5 quart for $20 at Big Lots, and $24 for a 6.5 quart at Big Lots. Anyone have an opinion as to which size crock pot would be the best to have long-term, I plan to start with a 2 lb. batch but will go larger if I can do this?

The entire walk to all these stores was 7.28 miles, my exercise for the day.:cheesy2: