2 scents

LynnS

I am mixing lemon and eucalyptus. I read on another post that it is good for bugs. I decided to mix 3/4 eucalytus and 1/4 lemon. Is that what most of you would do?I am sure the eucalytus will run bugs away more than the lemon.Lemon might attract them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a fan at all of citronella so it has to be this mixture of scents unless someone has other ideas.

I hate the smell of citronella.Seems like a strong chemical smell to me.

LynnS

Do some more research. I don't think lemon is what you want. Lemongrass, maybe. You might just check out a few suppliers for a bug off fragrance. Since OT got some rave reviews, I'm going to give it a go. Had to add something to get the strawberry shortcake flavor oil lol.

You might look more into a lemongrass, eucalyptus and maybe even a hint of citronella as a combo, but there are others (EOs especially) that have been in the bug off combos.

Do you think Lemongrass alone would do it?? I read about this probably over a year ago since I didn;t want to use Citronella and seems Lemongrass was one mentioned to keep bugs away.

I will check some posts from the last year or more.

Thanks

LynnS

I don't know if it will do it alone, but give it a try. I think the eucalyptus, also said to keep spiders away, and lemongrass combo would be stronger and most likely a more pleasant mix. I'd q-tip the test with 1 eucalyptus to 1 lemongrass and then 1 euc. to 2 lemongrass and see what you think.