High Oleic Canola?

jessiec

Has anyone soaped this? If so, can you tell me where to find it? I LOVE canola in my soaps, but would like to switch to high oleic if I find it somewhere reasonably priced. If I can't find it, I'm thinking of switching to high oleic safflower, since I buy soaperschoice anyway.

TIA

I've never made soap with High Olec Canola - but the company I work for does sell it at a pretty decent price. I'd link directly to the product on our site, but out of fear of spamming/shameless promotion , I'll leave you to click on the link below in my sig... it's to our site.

We also sell the Safflower - I've heard it's awesome, but again.. I haven't yet tried.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out!

Yea, I know that I will get different results. But, being that I have loved Canola in the past, I would like to give the high oleic a try. I am looking to steer away from the high linoleic value of the regular canola, and I won't really know how I feel about this version without giving it a go first.

• 2 weeks later...

Carebear gets what I was trying to say.

In practical terms, what I'm suggesting is that you can use any high-oleic oil in place of canola because whatever you liked about canola oil won't carry over into the high-oleic version at all. Feel free to use anything that you can get conveniently and economically.

The HO safflower you mentioned is a good choice from Columbus and has a pretty similar balance to HO canola. You could also try HO sunflower or even just use olive oil.

All you're really doing here is using less linoleic acid in the recipe and more oleic. The source of those fatty acids doesn't matter.