Can I fix this wax?

Silly question, but I left the UV additive out of my last vanilla candles, by accident, and they turned yellow on me. I was just going to melt it down and pitch it out and reuse the jars, but i wondered if I remelt the wax and added it to more wax with UV in it would it work or will it still be too yellow? Anyone with experience here? I've never had this happen in five years of candle making, believe it or not!

Instead of going thru all that trouble of melting them down...

Why not just mark them down in price and sell them and make a new batch.

People will buy them because they are discounted and it is a way of getting your product out to the public.

Tell your customers:

"Don't let the appearance fool you, they still have the great same scent.

Well that's a good idea, but I am sort of a perfectionist. The color isn't solid. It is still white in places and then pee yellow in other places. I was thinking that the yellow probably doesn't go too far beyond the surface of the jar, so if I melt them down and remix the wax the yellow would probably get much lighter and the color would be uniform at least then. And if I make some extra wax and mix with it, it would get even lighter still. Still deciding. It only affected seven candles. (well eight, but one sold before it turned on me)

Well that's a good idea, but I am sort of a perfectionist. The color isn't solid. It is still white in places and then pee yellow in other places. I was thinking that the yellow probably doesn't go too far beyond the surface of the jar, so if I melt them down and remix the wax the yellow would probably get much lighter and the color would be uniform at least then. And if I make some extra wax and mix with it, it would get even lighter still. Still deciding. It only affected seven candles. (well eight, but one sold before it turned on me)

I had the same thing happen to me with a batch of vanilla candles I made. The color changed unevenly throughout the candles; part yellow; part white.

So I put them on a baking sheet in a warm oven until they melted down. Poured the melted wax into pouring pots and added the uv then stirred the wax to blend it again. Meanwhile I cleaned out the jars, rewicked them, then poured the melted wax back into the jars. The color and scent were just fine. I was so happy I didn't have to trash them or sell crappy looking candles at discount.