which is better liquid dye or dye blocks

I have been having a problem with my pomegranate candles I have been useing red and burgundy dye blocks togehter. I made the candle with no dye and it burned good in a 16 oz salsa jar (wide mouth) with a 62 zinc wick. When I add the dye it seems like my wick is getting cloged (has very low flame). I was using 1/2 of a 1/2 dye block and 1/2 of burgundy dye block cut into 4 pieces of the 4 pieces I used 1. I hope that makes since. So I guess my question is if I use liquid dye would it clog the wick like dye blocks will. Which it better to use. I finally got the candle the color I wanted but it doesn't burn good. I tried useing less dye and I have it burning now. Can't wait to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for any help

I've tried both, and def. prefer liquid.

Blocks and chips are too time consuming IMO. When making a batch, you have to cut off a chip, and it ends up not being enough... so you add another chip, and its too much.

But I would try both to see what you like best, what works best with your waxes and wicks.

Tristan

The better choice is whichever one works best for you!! :) I like liquid, but use solid sometimes for certain projects. I look for the colorant that allows me to use the least amount of color to get the shade I want. Darker shades often require more dye... :)

Hi,

I have used block, chips, liquid and powder. I prefer the powder dyes and have stopped using the others for candles. On occassion I will grate some of a block to mix, but that's all. I do use my colors for aroma beads though.

But I have to agree with the fact that the best is what works for you. Everyone has their own reasons for using what they use as they all work. It just comes down to what you prefer.

Michelle

Powder is my choice - goes a very long way ! Good luck in your candle making!

I had thought about powders at one point before I went with liquid. How do you go about measuring them, as in what do you use? Besides a scale, of course! Seems like with a small batch you'd want just a pinch of powder and my "pinch" can vary...