Spices & such on top of votives?

I have made a few candles for myself with bits of spices in them and they seemed to burn okay (never used powdered spices - only little bits & pieces; no full-sized petals), but I can't see myself assuming the product liability for customers to use them!!:shocked2:

While it may look interesting, I did not find that the candles were any more fragrant when burned for having the spices in the wax. Better for the "visuals" to be made from wax or a non-flammable substance. ;)

Chris is absolutely right!!! It may add some visual appeal, at least to some. But it would definately cause clogged wicks and pose a possible safety hazard.

A little ground spice is safe, but even with that you can't be too heavy handed or it WILL clog the wick.

I also would only reccomend this for wickless candles.

Think possible fire and clogged wicks and don't do it!! It would be fine for wickless candles, but not in a wicked candle. I personally can't see those candles burning good at all. :cool2:

I have seen this happen with floating junk so I double ditto what you said.

Wow, it makes me wonder how these burn. I didn't give wick clogging a thought. Can't tell I'm new at this, lol. I don't make votives yet, maybe I'll give them a try. They sure do add some eye appeal, at least to me. I've purchased soy candles from a fundraiser that were sprinkled with glitter. I'm not much of a glitter fan, but they burned great. I like the look of the spices and vanilla beans, etc... more.

Yes, I do like the look, but I'm thinking it is probably not worth the hassle at least to do them with an eye for selling. Maybe for personal use :) wickless, tart type maybe for selling, but not a wicked candle. I haven't started doing anything wickless yet, are they very popular?