Liquid Dye

hi guys. I haven't posted in a while but then I asked who liked what kind of dyes and a lot of you said liquid. So, I got some but I haven't had to use it 'till now. How much do I use?

I currently have been using chips and they say 1 chip to 1 lb of wax, I use 2 chips. I like dark and vibrant colors!

Thanks

Lisa

Yep what they said also...

To test color what I do is mix the color and scent then if it is a votive/pillar wax I will pour up a tart mold let it cool pop it out and check the color. For container wax I pour up a straight sided votive holder to check color. You can speed up the cooling by placing in the fridge.

Yes a drop on some paper or a white tile will work but not as accurate, because you dont have the volume that you have in a finished product.

Hi, I always used the chips in the past also but recently bought liquid dye. I used 7~8 drops per pound and the color turned out perfect. My spiced pumpkin color was great and my navy/dark blue came out exactly that color. My dyes were from www.lonestarcandlesupply.com. I don't know if the the results from other supplies may be different.

This is definitly one of those issues where everyone will probably come up with a different number of drops pp. Testing is the key. Start with one drop of dye, pull out a small amount of wax and let it harden. If it's not dark enough you can always add another drop. Oh, and keep notes. lol

I use Bitter Creek liquid dyes when making parrafin candles. Here's a IGI 1343 candle that has violet (3 drops pp) and yellow (1 drop pp):

65520414_0a451b8bba.jpg

Kimberly