beeswax sticks in mold

I have a traditional 6in metal taper mold. I have sprayed it with silicone. My beeswax tapers are getting stuck in the mold. The only way I can get them out is to warm the mold in the oven. Does anyone have a better candle release method for beeswax in metal molds?

Have you tried setting them in the refrigerator for a bit? You do not want to leave them to long or they will crack but that usually works for me.

Hi,

My beeswax candles have been set free from their metal mold and hope to shine upon a diner table.

Thanks for you help...

give this a try. It's called Mold Wiz and I use it a work, and I bought a case of it and we use it now on our candle molds. We love it.

http://www.axelplastics.com/products/moldwiz.php

Hi,

I ordered a free sample of moldwiz. I'm interested in seeing how their product works, I was able to pull one candle free from my metal mold using 10/40 motor oil.

Thanks for your info.

yes you spray the inside of the mold with the mold wiz then pour your wax. Where I work we mold Pistons that go in Brake Calipers on Cars and Trucks. We spray the MOLD before putting the material in to be molded. This is good stuff. We use it on our molds here for candles, No sticking at all. and you dont have to use alot of it