Cargill v-1 help

Any of you using this wax? I need help with achieving smooth tops on my votives and I sometimes have problems with them releasing from the mold. I'm new to this wax but I'm trying it out because I can purchase it locally. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

DiDi

Pasadena, CA

Hi there Fire & Ice, I've been looking at some of your posts, and look I've got you for one myself. I'm totally new to this wax but not to candlemaking, so it looks like from your post I'll need to do a repour for a great finish. Do I need to follow any particular specifications when I do the repour? Right now I heat up to about 190 and I pour at about 170. In parafin, a repour in votives requires a hotter temp than the first pour for it to work. Is that the case with these? I like this wax but those damn cracks are a killer. TIA

DiDi

I do it a little differently. When a good film forms on top I poke wide relief holes, then repour after they're pretty much set up, but not too long or I find the wax can pull away from the cup and then the repour makes a mess. The first pour is about 1/4 inch from the top, the second pour very full.