I need some opinions

I recently ordered a couple of sample paks from a supplier, and posted in another thread that I thought I really got stung on the shipping. Well, just Monday, after testing, I again ordered 100 LX-14 and 100 LX-12. I called the order in(at 10 am their time) and asked for priority mail, and was told that since they had so many orders from the weekend, if I wanted them sent on Monday, I would have to pay a $5.00 rush fee. I said okay. Well, the package just came. I noticed that the label says 1 lb. commerical rate, which I know is somewhere around $4.75-4.85. I was charged $8.80, not including the rush charge. Now, I think that's too much, but am I being wrong here? There was nothing in the box except the bags of wicks(no wrapping of any kind). I sell strictly online, ship alot, and know that if I charged my customers that much over the actual, I'd never see them again, even though I have the added expense of bubblewrap, peanuts, fragile & arrow labels, etc.. I don't know of any other supplier that does this to me. I chose to try this one because they are only one state over from me, and get rave reviews on here. Am I wrong here? I'm afraid that if I ever decide to place a really large order with them, I'm really going to get nailed on the shipping...:tiptoe:

Do a check on the usps website and compare from them to you. I would understand a slight increase to offset handling charges/packaging. But double is pretty drastic. Seems to me since you only ordered a small order monetary wise that they are trying to get a little more out of you.

I have seen some suppliers do this *orders under xx.xx add an extra 5" etc.

If there is a big difference after you check call them back and get an explanation. Talk to a manager not just the secretary. I would suggest finding a dif supplier. Jacked up shipping prices and slow shipping times, you can def find a better supplier.

JMO

I recently ordered a couple of sample paks from a supplier, and posted in another thread that I thought I really got stung on the shipping. Well, just Monday, after testing, I again ordered 100 LX-14 and 100 LX-12. I called the order in(at 10 am their time) and asked for priority mail, and was told that since they had so many orders from the weekend, if I wanted them sent on Monday, I would have to pay a $5.00 rush fee. I said okay. Well, the package just came. I noticed that the label says 1 lb. commerical rate, which I know is somewhere around $4.75-4.85. I was charged $8.80, not including the rush charge.

Actually it's cheaper than it should be if you had it sent priority. Priority is now $4.95, plus your $5.00 for rush shipping is $9.95 total. You paid $8.80, so you got off cheaper!! :cool2:

Just an update....it pays to call your supplier! When I called them, I told them that I thought $13.80 shipping($8.80 plus the $5.00 rush fee) was alittle ridiculous for $13.80 of product that only weighed a pound or less, they immediately looked into it, said there appeared to be a problem with their online USPS shipping calculator, and refunded the overcharge. I guess it pays to question things sometimes!:cheesy2:

Just an update....it pays to call your supplier! When I called them, I told them that I thought $13.80 shipping($8.80 plus the $5.00 rush fee) was alittle ridiculous for $13.80 of product that only weighed a pound or less, they immediately looked into it, said there appeared to be a problem with their online USPS shipping calculator, and refunded the overcharge. I guess it pays to question things sometimes!:cheesy2:

We've had the same thing happen. We ordered 8 scents, 4 cases of Victorian Jars, and some odds and ends from our main supplier. The total for what we bought was around $70.00. The shipping "calculator" put shipping at $63.00 +. I called my supplier, and they had the same problem, a bug in the system. I just wonder how many people pay these outragous costs and dont say a word.

I know I question anything that doesnt seem right. And am not afraid to call somebody on their mistakes.