Wooden Rose

ED1

I was recently given a wooden rose, took it home added some fragrance and this was since mother's day, i bought it to work and placed it in my office and the scent is still going strong. The problem is the rose came apart is this the norm for the wooden roses?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Thanks for your replies, i think i may have drop three drops in there and prehaps that's the problem. I am at work and my office smell really good so it holds the fragrance, i will definitley try spritzing it next time, thanks again...:)

That's why I raised the question about the roses I didn't buy it myself it was given out to me at church on Mother's Day and I had read about them out here and I thought I would try dropping some fragance in it to see how well it would scent, I also thought this would give me the opportunity to test one before purchasing any, but with it falling apart I was not certain I wanted to invest any money into doing a project with them. I am not sure where they were purchased but would love to get some good ones to work with any suggestions?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks,

The roses are actually carved and dyed pieces of birch wood that is put together on a teardrop shaped styrofoam piece and glued in place. The wood pieces are very thin and I think there are only 5 or 6 per rose. If you drop fo onto it, it will saturate the rose and the foam and glue will be eaten away. They are just not meant to be over saturated with scent is all but since they are wood and porous will not hold the mother load of scent ;)

Spritzing them is best and what most places recommend to get a layer of fragrance on them without saturating the center.

HTH!

Flicker That Answers It For Me, Because What I Did When I Realized It Was The Woodend Rose I Look Down Into The Center And Saw What Appeared To Be Cotton So I Thought Okay This Is How I Scent It, So Not Knowing I Just Dropped About Three Drops Of Oil In The Center, Which Proved To Be Too Much I Guess Since It Fell Apart.

Thanks So Much For Your Inut, This Infomation Is Very Helpful....

FO contain solvents, makes sense it would melt the glue and dissolve the styrofoam. I would not say it's shoddy workmanship, or cheap glue - but rather improper use of the product.