Cheapest place to buy Metro Jars

Hello everyone, I live in Alabama and I am looking for the cheapest place to buy Metro Jars. The only supplier close to me is Alabaster but they don't carry them. That is too bad because I would love to be able to pick them up instead of paying shipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Connie

Connie, I'm also in Alabama and have noticed that Dollar Tree has metro jars, but without lids. If you're close enough to drive to Alabaster, you might call them and see if they could sell you lids without jars--I know they do sell jelly jar lids separately, so this is a possibility.

Good luck,

Jane

Thanks AlaJane, I haven't been in Dollar Tree for quite sometime. Having back surgery tomorrow so this back thing has kept me from getting out and about. Maybe when I'm up and ready to get out again I'll check at the Dollar Tree's around here and see what I can find. Thank you!

One more thing--did you know you can order from Dollar Tree online and have it delivered to your nearest store? I think the website is dollartreedirect.com. You have to pay a small handling fee for each order but it's only a few dollars regardless of how much you order--that may be a good way to go if you have access to lids (or don't need them).

HTH,

Jane

I had no clue! Thank you for this info. I'm in there much, but ventured in recently. They (Dollar Tree) has some great square and oval baskets. They carry Libbey brand jars too :) Oh, almost forgot...I get my metro's from Paula at The jar store.

One more thing--did you know you can order from Dollar Tree online and have it delivered to your nearest store? I think the website is dollartreedirect.com.

LOL!! Too funny!! Please do not take this personally, but I am facinated with mobsters. :tiptoe: Your quote reminded me of them.

Hey all you Alabamians! I live near Birmingham. Glad to hear there are other folks in the neighborhood. Just don't try to sell any candles or soap on my turf.....I'm Italian. JK (about selling not about being Italian).

I bought one of the DT metro jars and tried a 16-oz apothecary flat lid I had from Alabaster and it fit perfectly. I have, however, noticed that not all 16-oz apothecary jars have exactly the same top, so hope this helps you somewhat.

Jane