Recs for Pumpkin in Soap....

DebbieTX

Anyone have any recommendations for a Pumpkin scent for soap that stuck? I want to mix the pumpkin with patchouli EO, so I'm not sure if a spicy one would even fit the bill. I'm thinking more of a true pumpkin without spice would cut it. Maybe someone has experimented this already and can give me some advice? Thanks.

I also use 1T ppo of pureed pumpkin. I use a bit of GM powder too, and for the fragrance--BCN Closeout Pumpkin Pie fragrance! They sold out a while ago but I bought two pounds off of the classies a while back. If you can hunt some down, it is AWESOME in soap and the scent sticks! I have a bar from 2 years ago that smells as fresh as the day I first cut it.

I'd probably opt for a spicy pumpkin if you can find it. I think I'm going to try one from Lonestar this year ... butternut squash and pumpkin I think it is.

Pumpkin Cheesecake from BCS is a good one! We also added some pumpkin seed oil to our mix at 5% with the puree and took a water reduction, which was good, because I didn't account for it when I added the puree.