Reeds question

Darbla

I know the point of the reeds is that they wick up the fragrance and disperse it in the air. But after awhile they're supposedly clogged, so I was wondering if you guys just keep the reeds anyway and flip them often? If you do that, how long do you carry it on before you throw those reeds away and start with new ones? I've got one set going on 9 months now.

I didn't know the reeds clog after some time. I have had my 4 0z boston round jar going in my bathroom for over 4 months and it smells great. As the scent gets weaker, after a week 1/2, I just turn the sticks over and the smell is strong again. I don't know if that is from turning the reeds over or if it's coming from the reeds up into the air.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

It also makes a difference in your solution mix. You have to test, but when you get it right, the reeds do not clog - ever! I've had one in particular that's going on 2 years with the original reeds, just different fragrances when they dry out.:tiptoe:

My experience has been much as David described his... except I haven't even had to change the oil every 6 months! :shocked2:

I bought my reed stuff from JBN, mixed a favorite FO (from them) with the reed diffuser "juice" and have had continuous enjoyment from them for years, Every so often, I flip the reeds.:)