My first "official mold"!!!

Dana Mae

I haven't posted on here in a while......still raeding, still testing, playing, going between candles and soap...

But I'm so excited, I just ordered my first "real" mold....a 12 bar slab from Jeff, I'm so excited!!! Just had to share :)

Now if anyone can tell me how I'm supposed to get my bulk co from Columbus out of a JUG I'd be an even happier camper! :confused:

Dana

I hate those containers they put their oils and butters in because in the winter and fall the butters get hard and its hard to get them out. I cut the top of the bottle off and keep a bag over it so dirt won't get in.

ETA - congratulations on the new mold. I don't have one of his molds but I've always heard good things about them.

I hate those containers they put their oils and butters in because in the winter and fall the butters get hard and its hard to get them out. I cut the top of the bottle off and keep a bag over it so dirt won't get in.

I'm so glad my shea butter came as a big slab in a bag! Boo on the CO though....

It's the only thing I could think of to do as well...cut the top off the bottle. I guess that is what everyone does.

I've never ordered from them before, but since I'm making so much more soap now, and I've moved so close, can't hardly afford not to order through them! Super fast shipping! Wow and great prices.

dana

I melt the oils in the container. If it is sunny outside, I put the bottle in my car where it is warm enough or in front of the window where the sun comes in. If it is cold outside, I put the bottle in the kitchen and stand it on the stove when I am cooking (not on the hot surface, of course, but in the middle). The area is warm enough to melt the oil to the point where I can get it out of the bottle.

Congrats on your new mold! :)

About the oils - I melt mine either in a sink of hot water or else put it in a pot on the stove on med-low (with a rack in the bottom of the pan so the plastic bottle isn't sitting directly on the hot bottom of the pan). Then I usually pour it into another container that's easier to scoop out of at room temp. Easy-peasy

hth