paraffin,soy

I`ve been out of the candle business for almost two years, started working full time, on second shift making airplanes, but come in every now and then to check how people are making it work for them. I`ve notice that paraffin is higher than soy ( can someone explain that to me?). My husband has torn down his old shop where he had his "junk" and moved into my shop where I use to make candles. It made me sad because I enjoyed it so much "back when".And hated giving up when the paraffin and soy jumped up during the gas prices. Had a few customers that still stay with me.

Notice alot of you hung on , alot left too.

But my husband surprised me with a new slab of cement and three walls and where the sink, light fixtures, tables and waxmachine were going to go. Bigger than a one car garage.Haven`t decided where the door and forth wall is going up yet.lol.

Cant seem to get excited yet. Its alot of work getting your candles out there. Trying to keep up with the trends, newest fragrances, jars, etc....

It will be a while till its finished. Probable by the end of summer.Thanks for reading..

Great Hubby love when do things like that.

Soy has always been cheaper to buy but the sheer hassle of working with it is what drives the price of the end product up. You not only have wicking problems but problems with appearance and usually higher levels of FO to get it to do what paraffin does with less.