I'm in "Label" Labor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Beckie re designed and re sized my label. I'm even using the software she suggested. The labels are still not printing correctly. 2 1/2 circle. Is there a certain way to feed them into the printer? I just put them in the tray. I have a DELL laser printer. I'm at my whitts end!! Please help!! :(

A few thoughts...

Does your printer have a specific setting for labels and are you using it?

The labels you purchased from your supplier might not fall within the margins they claim they do, so you could print them all day long and they would never print right. Take a ruler to a sheet and see if the margins are even.

Have you tried printing a full sheet on blank paper first and then place that sheet in front of a blank sheet of labels and hold it up to the light? That should indicate where the problem lies.

This happens to me too with the round 2 1/2 circle labels. It is hell! I end up having to print them a few at a time and have to adjust for different rows. I really hate it. It can get so frustrating and wastes so much time. This is one area of my business that is going to have to change for sure. I have not had time to seriously look into the reasons why this is happening and what to do about it. I just have to do it the long way for now - save different ones for different rows. What a pain in the butt! If you get it figured out, please let me know what you find out. I have been wanting to ask Beckie for advice but just have not gotten around to it. She did say that you usually will have to readjust your label for each batch of label sheets you get. But, my problem is, each row can be different.

I don't have any problems with my tags which are printed on business card stock, or my wrap around labels for my wickless tins.

Okay ladies...I've tried all suggestions from Avery, Labels by the sheet, Online Labels and Microsoft Publisher 2007. THEY STILL DON"T PRINT IN THE @#$! CIRCLE!!! In 20 minutes, I have wasted $10.00 worth of labels. That may not be much for some, or most, but it is for me!! I'm starting to think that either an investment in a "Label Printer" or having them printed for me is worth it. I order my labels from, Labels by the sheet. I use a Color DELL Laser 1320c printer. I've tried all of the suggestions above...Anyone have any suggestions, helpful hints. Anything?? :cry2:

I tried this too...I think I did it right. I'm literally in tears! (Thank you for your help)

A few thoughts...

Does your printer have a specific setting for labels and are you using it?

The labels you purchased from your supplier might not fall within the margins they claim they do, so you could print them all day long and they would never print right. Take a ruler to a sheet and see if the margins are even.

Have you tried printing a full sheet on blank paper first and then place that sheet in front of a blank sheet of labels and hold it up to the light? That should indicate where the problem lies.

The reason why I don't get my labels with the logo on them professionally printed is because there is a minimum order and if you have the scent name on the labels it will be a minimum order for each scent which would be outrageously expensive.

I am stuck between a hard place as well. I do get my warning labels printed through Labels by the Sheet, but the minimum is not huge, so it works out ok. Sometimes though when I add a new scent and have not yet ordered the professional printed ones or when I run out of some scent labels, I have to deal with the dreaded printing. I also have trouble with the rectangle labels for my clamshell melts. I just dread it when I get big orders for these. I wish I could help you. :undecided

Well, the only other thing I can think of is that it IS your printer. A lot of home printers can't handle labels from what I've been told. See if there's a Staples nearby that can do the printing for you. I get all my labels done there, black and white labels only cost me .08 per sheet and I've never been charged for labels that don't line up properly.

HTH

When I'm having trouble getting labels lined up, I reuse the messed up ones for testing or a sheet that's had the labels removed. You can clearly see if you've moved stuff in the right direction.

I ended up having to tweak each individual label on a sheet when doing that size. The bottom half is a lost cause unless I print half the page, flip it and print the other half. That's why I reserve the bottom half for warning labels.

I feel for you. There is nothing more frustrating than label problems...well except that wonderful scent that will not be wicked successfully in this lifetime even though you've gone through at least four pounds of it trying over the years.

When I'm having trouble getting labels lined up, I reuse the messed up ones for testing or a sheet that's had the labels removed. You can clearly see if you've moved stuff in the right direction.

I ended up having to tweak each individual label on a sheet when doing that size. The bottom half is a lost cause unless I print half the page, flip it and print the other half. That's why I reserve the bottom half for warning labels.

I feel for you. There is nothing more frustrating than label problems...well except that wonderful scent that will not be wicked successfully in this lifetime even though you've gone through at least four pounds of it trying over the years.

This is pretty much what I have to do and have figured out (except I don't really use the messed up ones for anything). It is miserable, isn't it? :(

Well, the only other thing I can think of is that it IS your printer. A lot of home printers can't handle labels from what I've been told. See if there's a Staples nearby that can do the printing for you. I get all my labels done there, black and white labels only cost me .08 per sheet and I've never been charged for labels that don't line up properly.

HTH

Is the .08 cents a sheet for color labels, or is this just for warning labels? Usually, colored prints are way more even at Staples.