4/8 oz Sampler Containers by Libbey

I’m making sample candles and I’m not sure how much fragrance to use. I normally pour a 16oz or 32oz batch and anything left over goes into my sample glasses. I’m having a hard time trying to figure out how much fragrance to use for 1 glass. I’m guessing a drop or two but I was hoping someone’s done this before and has specifics.

I’m using:

4630 Wax

4/8 oz (.875oz) Sampler Container by Libbey #5071

Are you saying that you are trying to make individual samplers..by pouring them individually:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: .

The sampler jars are 1/2 oz. each, if you are making them as samplers for your customers try pouring 5 oz. of wax at a time,

that will make 10 samples using 1/4 oz. FO per 5 oz. wax.

This is based on 1 oz. FO per pound of wax. One pound of wax melted equals 20 oz. liquid.

MLJ

Yes that's what I wanted to do but your suggestions sounds much better. :)

I use to dip perfume strips in oil and put them in little baggies, but the fragrance smells different in the wax plus it didn't look as professional to some of my customers. So I changed that, little samples go over much better.

Thank you so much for your help!:cheesy2:

Are you saying that you are trying to make individual samplers..by pouring them individually:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: .

The sampler jars are 1/2 oz. each, if you are making them as samplers for your customers try pouring 5 oz. of wax at a time,

that will make 10 samples using 1/4 oz. FO per 5 oz. wax.

This is based on 1 oz. FO per pound of wax. One pound of wax melted equals 20 oz. liquid.

MLJ

wow! a search for Libbey 5071 turned up a 6.75 oz cheese cellar.

you say 4/8 (.875) oz 4/8 = 1/2 but .875 = 7/8

and 1 pound of SOME melted waxes is 20 oz liquid but that is not an across the board true statement

I do think you need to make more than one at a time, but you need to know how much weighted wax your jars hold in order to do your samples. Usually, the measurements given for a jar is how much volume of liquid it will hold.

If you make your samples too strong or too weak you will not be giving your customers an accurate sample of your candle.

I order my glass from a wholesaler who gets them directly from Libbey, it’s listed in Libbey’s Special Market catalog like the example below. So 7/8 is not .875, I think I found that on the internet I’ll have to look that up again and get an accurate number. I’m not sure how much each little glass holds, their so small but I definitely don’t want to deceive my customers. How do I find out exactly how much each little glass holds. I use to have a friend who did all this for me, know I’m left to my devices and I’m having a hard time :( but I need to know how.

7/8 oz. Sampler Container

No. 5071

7⁄8 oz./2.6 cl./26 ml.

H21⁄16 T13⁄8 B13⁄16 D13⁄8

SCC 068194

wow! a search for Libbey 5071 turned up a 6.75 oz cheese cellar.

you say 4/8 (.875) oz 4/8 = 1/2 but .875 = 7/8

and 1 pound of SOME melted waxes is 20 oz liquid but that is not an across the board true statement

I do think you need to make more than one at a time, but you need to know how much weighted wax your jars hold in order to do your samples. Usually, the measurements given for a jar is how much volume of liquid it will hold.

If you make your samples too strong or too weak you will not be giving your customers an accurate sample of your candle.

My mistake about the 1/4 ounce. Peacola, you are correct about the container...it is a Libby small Votive container. Georgia is also correct in that you really must weigh your wax and your fragrance. Having said that, I am still correct in that you want to pour several at a time...weigh a pound of wax and add 1 ounce of FO...or weigh out 1/2 lb of wax and use 1/2 ounce or FO.. These are samplers.....you do not need to fill them completely to the .875...fill it with .50. Now you didn't say whether or not you are charging for these or if you are wicking them???? I guess my assumption, and you know what the say about assumptions, were that you were make them as scent samplers.

I hope this helps!

No I'm not charging for these samples, no wick, and I'm not filling them completely up. I've decided I'm only giving out a few samples as scent samplers. I wish there was an easier way, besides pouring batches of samples, but folks are so picky, if they can't smell it they don't want to buy it.

Thanks for your help.

My mistake about the 1/4 ounce. Peacola, you are correct about the container...it is a Libby small Votive container. Georgia is also correct in that you really must weigh your wax and your fragrance. Having said that, I am still correct in that you want to pour several at a time...weigh a pound of wax and add 1 ounce of FO...or weigh out 1/2 lb of wax and use 1/2 ounce or FO.. These are samplers.....you do not need to fill them completely to the .875...fill it with .50. Now you didn't say whether or not you are charging for these or if you are wicking them???? I guess my assumption, and you know what the say about assumptions, were that you were make them as scent samplers.

I hope this helps!