help me decide

LynnS

I am going to put a few candles in a gift shop.Lots of antiques and also primitive things in this place . I did take a couple candles to the lady who runs it and she liked them. Wants some by this weekend for an event going on.

I don't put any ribbon on my candles but this shop does have the prim look. I always have been afraid some people will burn the candles with the ribbon and the result possibly a fire.I carry insurance but don't want any problems. Some do decorate and some don't but I am torn in what to do. What would you do. For the look says yes but for safety "Not so sure"

I could explain to her how I feel?? She does have a few candles she purchased but mine will be consignment. The other candles do have a ribbon and are fall scents.I will be putting out the spring scented candles.

Should I do it and take a chance???:confused: I don't think this would make a difference(for the ribbon) but wondered how the shop will feel. Like I said the shop is prim. My candles are colorful and everything there seemed prim and dark. I am going to make the candles with 6 different colors for spring scents.

LynnS

Guest jurnalynn

i would add remove ribbons before burning to your warning label........now i personally would know to remove them....but we do live in a world where some lady didn't know coffee was hot....lol

Laura

If you feel concerned about the ribbon, you could place it further down on the jar instead of at the neck. Or you could try putting rusty wire around the jar neck with a little prim star or just make your label a little prim looking.

Deb

I have thought about putting the ribbon more in the middle if it will stay in place. One thing with ribbons they slip around.Also so many people pick them up to see how good they smell. Then Ribbons get shabby.

Going to try some raffia.I have many colors and will see if I can find a place to say remove the ribbon before burning.

Like we all know "you can tell them what to do BUT will they do it"?????

Thank You everyone,

LynnS

If she liked what you showed her, why worry over the ribbon? If she didn't feel like it would be a good fit with her store, I'm sure she would have said so. Maybe she actually like the fact that your candle didn't look like every other candle in a prim shop.

Thank You Sockmonkey. People do love the colors of my candles and mention that so maybe they will be OK.I didn't take very many but hope they sell.I didn't hear from her this week after she had a big event. That is a bummer.:sad2:

LynnS

I thought about the brown Kaft labels but not sure if they sell. Not because they aren't good but there are so many other things they have there.

Debra I agree I was never a ribbon person either. I had a candle that was faded/frosted and a lady wanted it.I told her that looks so bad.She didn't care but I Charged very little for it.She would have paid full price.

Sometimes we candlemakers are to picky and perfect. Like some people say I am just going to burn it.:laugh2:

LynnS