HELP! Fruit Cake FO Mixer Needed

Help!

I cannot find a good, true Fruitcake FO. I've purchased the namesake from the only company that I've found who carries it but it smells nothing at all like a fruitcake OOB. :(

I'm looking for a kick-butt combo/fo mixer to get a Southern Style Fruit Cake where you can actually smell all the rich dried fruits, nuts, dates & raisins as well as the cake. I would prefer a mix without a "rum type" scent...unless someone thinks that it would definitely add to making a dead-on fruitcake. Although many/most ppl probably *do use rum in their fruitcakes I personally do not like the fragrance. Besides, being from the south...the best fruitcakes here have never "smelled" anything like rum to me. :)

If I remember correctly, when I open a good, southern-style fruitcake I smell the following:

1. dried mixed fruits w/ top notes of dried cherries, dates & raisins
  2. nuts
  3. and the warm, gooey, spicey, cakey-bread

but, unfortunately, I haven't been able to duplicate it very well. I *must be leaving something out! or else I haven't found just the right combo yet. COULD it possibly be the rum???? Surely not. :( I just don't smell any rum in most good Fruit cakes that I've had.

Please PM or email me with any mixing ideas...or even better....if you know of a pre-mixed FO that smells even close to a true Fr.Cake please LMK.

TIA for any suggestions! :)

~ Mt Annie ~

What about Connie's Candles apple sauce cake:

"Rich spice cake infused with apples, raisins, pecans"

mixed with a spice cake and or a white cake scent?

That sounds very close! I'll check it out. I have a few FOs by Connie but I got them here off the classies. I have several "spice and white cakes" that I could mix in so I'll go and search out her website and see about the Applesauce cake. Sounds yummy! Thanks a bunch hon.

~ Mt Annie ~

Hate to say it, but how can you make a comparison only OOB?

That's a good question scented...and if I were using this in a straight candle/wax application I would have most certainly tried in wax beFORE asking for any mixing suggestions here...but my main purpose for this particular FO mix is for a potpourri oil....which will smell exactly as it does OOB on the potpourri. :)

I've had several different ppl asking for this FO in the past few months alone...and probably 10-15 who have asked all together...so I'm looking for a dead-on OOB fragrance. I've also had the scent requested for air fresheners (the paper type) to go in customer's kitchens. So, again, it would have to be a very close match OOB.

Thanks for inquiring. I can see why you would be curious. :)

~ Mt Annie ~

Really, it smells the same straight out? Any time I've had stinkers come out of the bottle and applied to an application the scent has blossomed ... not always into something good, but better than the bottle. Talking from wax to soap to lotion to bath bombs to corn cob to incense.

Really, it smells the same straight out? Any time I've had stinkers come out of the bottle and applied to an application the scent has blossomed ... not always into something good, but better than the bottle. Talking from wax to soap to lotion to bath bombs to corn cob to incense.

>>> and applied to an application the scent has blossomed

Yes, some FOs do change drastically once in wax or B&B...but FO smells the same poured OUT of the bottle as it smells IN the bottle...until it's incorporated into those candles or B&B products. When mixed into a dry potpourri (or paper air fresheners for example) the scent is exactly the OOB scent. If you pour some FO onto a Qtip/cottonball/or into a shot glass (OOB) it doesn't change. If you pour some onto potpourri botanicals (OOB) it still doesn't change. What is there to "change" it? :confused: Whatever scent you have in the bottle is the same scent you'll have OOB in a dry potpourri medley. Simply mixing it into botanicals doesn't change, morph or blossom the fo into anything different at all. That's why it needs to smell the same OOB as a true fruit cake would smell. :)