C-3 Problems?

Is anyone having issues with any new cases of C-3 they've gotten? My last case is burning unusally hot and sooting which I've never had happen. Prior to this change I've been able to power burn these for up to 14 hours with no a lick of soot and now the whole jar is black. The flames on my usual wicking (ECO 8's in an 8 oz jj) are huge even before they enter "power burning" territory. I saw on Candle Sciences website that Elevance is now manuf. this... have they done something different?

I just purchased a case of 464 to try out. I have a sample bag here and a year ago I had tested out 1 fragrance in it (NG Downy Water Lily and Jasmine) and it performed pretty good for me. Don't know that it was C-3 hot throw punch but I'm at a loss. I figure worse case is the 464 case I just bought will be used for dipping bears but I don't know what to do. I tried calling Candle Science and didn't get an answer. I'm getting really frustrated. I think they should give us a heads up if they're going to be changing something in a wax we've used for years! Grrrrr!!!

TIA for any help!

Thanks Mel! I totally missed that post and just read through it. Interesting! Ugh, I'm so frustrated! I was going to place an order for about 300 lbs of wax but I'm too stinkin' scared to now! I don't know what kind of a mess I might get in to ! UGH!

That is exactly why I stopped testing with c-3. I could not get it to work right for me. I tried cd, eco, and htp wicks...all sizes and no matter what I got sooting in the wax and either too big of a melt pool or the wicks would drown out. I've been using 444 since then and I love it. Has a great cold/hot throw and it's easy to work with. I liked it better than the 464. Hope you get it all worked out soon!